BAJA 1000 2014 Las Vegas Qualifying for Starting Positions***Trophy Trucks and Class 1***LIVE! Coverage
BAJA 1000 Race Start Qualifying Results!
Robby Gordon takes the Number One Starting Position with a time of 0:03:52, Trophy Truck Number 77!
1. 77 Robby Gordon, Charlotte, N.C., Chevy CK1500, 3 minutes, 52.902 seconds (55.65miles per hour)
2. 11 Rob MacCachren, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 3:54.014 (55.38mph)
3. 70 Bryce Menzies, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 3:59.514 (54.11mph)
4. 1 B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado, 3:59.886 (54.03mph)
5. 80 Dale Dondel, Hemet, Calif. (DOR-Andy Lambert, Kutztown, Pa., Chevy Silverado, 4:03.059 (53.32mph)
6. 83 Luke McMillin, El Cajon, Calif, Ford F-150, 4:04.070 (53.10mph)
7. 15 Armin Schwarz, Austria (Germany), BMW XJ-6, 4:04.999 (52.90mph)
8. 5 Juan Lopez, Tecate, Mexico (DOR-Clyde Stacy, Bristol, Va.), Chevy Rally Truck, 4:05.601 (52.77mph)
9. 21 Gus Vildosola Jr, Mexicali, Mexico, Ford Raptor, 4:06.420 (53.68mph)
10. 16 Cameron Steele, San Clemente, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 4:07.112 (52.45mph)
11. 19 Larry Roeseler, Boulevard, Calif. (DOR-Tim Herbst, Las Vegas), Ford F-150, 4:08.136 (52.23mph)
12. 9 Gary Weyhrich, Troutdale, Ore. (DOR-Mark Weyhrich, Troutdale, Ore.), Ford F-150, 4:13.951 (51.03mph)
13. 7 Gus Vildosola Sr, Mexicali, Mexico (DOR-Steven Eugenio), Chevy Silverado, 4:14.196 (50.98mph)
14. 59 Burt Jenner, Los Angeles (DOR-Craig Potts, Scottsdale, Ariz.), Chevy Silverado, 4:14.200 (50.98mph)
15. 91 Ryan Arciero, Foothill Ranch, Calif. (DOR-Troy Herbst, Las Vegas), Ford F-150, 4:18.239 (52.21mph)
16. 14 Steven Strobel, Clarks, Neb. (DOR-Heidi Steele, San Clemente, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 4:21.619 (49.538mph)
17. 72 Robert Acer, Wilmington, Del., Chevy Silverado, 4:25.181 (48.87mph)
18. 58 David Kleiman, Carlsbad, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 4:32.226 (47.61mph)
19. 26 Charles Dorrance, Austin, Texas (DOR-Jay Reichert, Johnson City, Texas), Ford Raptor, 4:38.105 (48.34mph)
20. 84 Curt LeDuc, Cherry Valley, Calif. (DOR-Nick Vanderwey, Phoenix, Chevy Silverado, 4:46.732 (47.69mph)
Mexico’s beautiful but unrelenting and unforgiving Baja desert peninsula is being re-created on a 3.6-mile course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for 30 top racecar drivers seeking to qualify for the 47th-annual actual race TODAY, the BAJA 1000 2014 is ONLINE LIVE! in one week.
RaceWeek Starts Next Monday, November 10!
It’s a first ever for Las Vegas, and racing gets underway Tuesday night as a highlight of the giant Specialty Equipment Market Association convention. It’s so unique that it will be televised on CBS Sports.
Six Class 1 open-wheel racecars and 24 SCORE Trophy Trucks competing over the real 1,280-mile Baja California coastal run from Ensenada to La Paz from Nov. 11-15 will compete at LVMS.
The 3.6-mile-qualifying course at LVMS will incorporate off-road, dirt and asphalt elements, use two racecourses and require the drivers to use their lights and qualify in the darkness of the Las Vegas night.
All 30 of the qualifying vehicles will start their engines in unison at 4:30 p.m. at the SEMA SCORE Baja 1000 Experience to begin a procession of the high-flying racing machines to the LVMS Off-Road Track.