Baja Racing News LIVE! EXCLUSIVE Reporting!***World Wide Motor Sports & FIA Move To Action***West Coast Desert Off-Road Racing Community Stick Their Heads Up Their A**es Ignoring Overwhelming Reality of Death Races!
Except for BLM mandates, race organizers and race teams DO NOT want or care for fans or spectator participation.
September 11, 2015: Los Angeles//The entire West Coast desert racing community is ignoring the discussion of this topic.
September 9, 2015: PARIS // The world-wide sport of rallying’s ruling body the FIA, announced on Thursday, a safety action plan in the wake of last week’s crash in Spain which killed six spectators.
In last week’s Rally of La Coruna a car hurtled off the road and ploughed into a crowd of spectators in northern Spain, killing seven people including two pregnant women.
This year has also seen spectators die in domestic events in Australia and Estonia. In France at the weekend amateur driver Frederi Comte perished when his car left the road in the Mont-Blanc Rally.
The plan to improve safety emerged from Wednesday’s extraordinary general meeting called by FIA president Jean Todt in Geneva. Among those advising the FIA on safety are reigning world rally champion Sebastien Ogier and 1981 champion Ari Vatanen.
The FIA said it would set up “a dedicated task force of FIA experts” to assist national rally organisers on safety. The FIA’s action plan will also reinforce to rally organisers “the heightened danger in running rallies outside of the basic framework of the FIA guidelines for spectator and vehicle safety”.
The FIA will develop a rally safety action plan and establish an expert task force in response to recent fatal accidents.
Seven spectators were killed when a car left the road on Spain's Rally of La Coruna last weekend, while there had also been spectator fatalities on domestic events in Australia and Estonia earlier in the year.
French driver Frederic Comte also died last weekend in a crash on Rally Monte Blanc.
Those incidents prompted FIA President Jean Todt to call an extraordinary meeting in Geneva yesterday, where attendees included closed road commissioner Ari Vatanen, World Rally Championship commission chief Carlos Barbosa, WRC manager Michele Mouton and Spanish federation chief Carlos Gracia Fuertes.
An FIA statement said an action plan had been agreed to focus on the following points:
*"1. Reinforcement to all authorities responsible for the organisation of rallies of the heightened danger in running rallies outside of the basic framework of the FIA guidelines for spectator and vehicle safety.
*"2. In conjunction with National Sport Authorities (ASNs) and rally organisers, introduce measures seeking to increase the reach and impact of educational programmes for spectator safety.
*"3. The creation of a dedicated task force of FIA experts, which will be available to support ASNs and rally organisers and assist them in the implementation of the preferred safety guidelines.
"The aim of the action plan is to have a positive influence in rally safety around the world, from local grass roots events through to the pinnacle of the sport at World Rally Championship level."
While most of the accidents that prompted the FIA action took place on national events this year, spectator safety has also been a concern in the WRC, where six spectators where hurt in an accident.
Not to mention the ongoing, illegal slaughter in Baja racing, in Mexico.
The Original BULLETIN & Previous Reporting:
FIA SAFETY COMMITTEE MOVING ON WORLD WIDE EVENT-SPECTATOR STANDARDS...
LOADING NOW! DEATH TOLL RISES TO 7 (SEVEN)! FIA MEETS
BULLETIN!!! SIX PEOPLE KILLED! RALLY IN
SPAIN TURNS HORROR SHOW-CLICK HERE!