The 2017 HONDA CRF450RX Exclusively Announced
2017 HONDA CRF450RX Announced
Baja Racing News LIVE! Exclusive!The RX does not mean the end of the previous CRF450X, a bike Honda says still fills the niche for the off-road rider who is looking for something more trail friendly, or an off-road bike more appealing for long-distance riding. As a result, the much-liked X remains in Honda’s lineup.
Some of the major differences between the R and the RX is that electric starting comes standard on the RX (with manual back-up) and the RX’s fuel tank is made out of plastic (not titanium) and is larger in capacity (2.2 gallons versus 1.6 gallons). The RX also has an 18-inch rear wheel, and gearing is slightly different.
The RX also has compared to the R:
- Smoother ignition mapping for better performance in low-traction situations.
- Standard electric starting, with kick start as a backup.
- Suspension settings are more appropriate for technical off-road conditions.
- With a 2.25 gallon capacity, the plastic fuel tank is larger than that of the CRF450R for increased range off-road.
- Forged-aluminum side stand is standard to allow trailside parking.
- Off-road-focused, durable Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires.
- One-tooth larger rear sprocket than CRF450R, for better performance in tight woods conditions.
- Different cylinder hanger than CRF450R, for comfort in technical off-road conditions.
2017 Honda CRF450RX
SPECIFICATIONSENGINE TYPE Liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke
COMPRESSION RATIO: 13.5:1
INDUCTION: Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI), 46mm throttle bore
IGNITION: Full transistorized ignition
TRANSMISSION: Constant-mesh 5-speed
FINAL DRIVE: 520 chain; 13T/50T
VALVE TRAIN: Unicam OHC, 4-valve; 10.0mm intake, steel; 8.8mm exhaust, steel
FRONT SUSPENSION: 49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork
REAR SUSPENSION: Pro-Link swingarm system; fully adjustable Showa single shock
FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL: 12.0 in.
REAR WHEEL TRAVEL: 12.3 in.
FRONT BRAKE: Single 260mm disc
REAR BRAKE: Single 240mm disc
FRONT TIRE: Dunlop Geomax AT81 90/90×21 in.
REAR TIRE: Dunlop Geomax MX3S 120/90-18 in.
TRAIL: 4.6 in.
SEAT HEIGHT: 37.8 in.
GROUND CLEARANCE: 12.9 in.
WHEELBASE: 58.1 in.
FUEL CAPACITY: 2.2 gal.
CURB WEIGHT (wet, full fuel): 261 lbs.